It is Oil & Gas UK policy that all persons working offshore shall be examined periodically and classified as medically fit to work in the offshore environment. For more information go to Oil and Gas UK.
We can also provide the In-water EBS Training "Fit to Train" Certificate included within the cost of a full OGUK Medical.
An OGUK medical consists of the following:
- Screening questionnaire
- Physical examination by a Doctor
- Urinalysis (routine urine test)
- Weight, Height and Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Near distance and colour vision test
- Blood pressure and pulse
- Audiometry (hearing test)
The medical will take around 45 minutes and you will need to bring the following to your examination:
- photo ID, e.g. passport
- your local doctor’s name, address and contact details
- any medication you’re taking
- your glasses or contact lenses but not colour correction lenses
The cost of an OGUK Medical is £195.00
If you need any travel vaccines or malaria tablets, we can provide these at the same time.
We can also provide the following tests for an additional cost;
- Full drug & alcohol urine screening
- Chester Step test