We are a centre of excellence, providing expert pre-travel advice, holiday vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis to the general public and a range of companies.
For overseas travel that will last more than a month, ideally it is best to visit the travel clinic around 4-6 weeks before travelling. For shorter trips visit at least 2 - 3 weeks before. However, even if travelling at short notice we still recommend attending for a consultation including vaccinations.
We offer a range of services including:
- Pre-travel risk assessment
- Country specific information and advice
- Vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis
- A wide range of travel health products
- Short notice/evening/weekend appointments
Questions often asked about appointments
- Ideally a list of previous vaccinations (this can be a verbal list)
- How many doses did you have of a particular vaccine? (for example, some vaccines such as hepatitis A and B require multiple doses)
- A list of any medication you may be on
- Any relevant medical history
- A copy of your travel itinerary
- Wear loose top for ease of access to upper arm for vaccination
- Your child's 'Red Book' if attending
Your consultation will usually be between 20 and 40 minutes.
No, usually the vaccines recommended are administered during your consultation. You may need to return at another time if a course of vaccines are recommended.
Yes, you will be issued with a vaccination booklet which will contain certificates for appropriate vaccinations.